- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (organic, if available)
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- shower cap or plastic grocery bag
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine coconut oil and honey. Microwave for 30-45 seconds, until coconut oil is liquid and mixture is warm. Stir together until well incorporated (there will still be some separation between the honey and oil). If desired, pour coconut oil mixture into a plastic squeeze bottle.
- Over a sink, massage oil mixture into hair, starting at the ends and working up towards the scalp. After hair is evenly coated, wrap hair on top of your head and secure with a clip or hair tie, then cover with shower cap or plastic grocery bag. Let the mask sit on your hair for 10-15 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse out oil and shampoo as usual, taking extra care to wash out all remaining oil.